Expert litigation solicitor
Solicitor & Partner
Direct number 01242 323295
I am an experienced commercial litigation solicitor. I help business people and companies resolve disputes.
My expertise includes the following:
- Company/shareholder disputes
- Partnership Disputes
- Agency claims
- Professional Negligence
- Supply of Goods and Services
- IT Disputes
- Warranty claims
- Insolvency and debt recovery
My experience ensures I quickly understand the issues in a dispute, so that I can give you the best possible chance of success.
In addition to taking disputes to trial, I have successfully acted for clients in mediation and arbitration.
I have a straightforward and unfussy approach and offer practical solutions.
Why choose Converse Law?
Most law firms like to try and tell you they are “different”. However, the only real difference between most law firms is the people in them.
Converse Law offers a fresh approach and we guarantee you advice direct from a partner without any delegation to junior lawyers (we don’t have them).
Converse Law has an innovative business model based on the needs of modern businesses. By removing the traditional equity partner structure and other trappings often found in law firms, our clients benefit from a superior service which is unhindered by billing targets and other inefficiencies. This means we can offer not only a great service but also better value for money than most traditional law firms.
We recognise that “one size does not fit all”, so we have a transparent approach to fees which are tailored for each client and each particular matter.
We will consider alternative funding options, such as Conditional Fee Agreements (“No Win No Fee”) with you in appropriate cases.
I have a wide range of experience in dealing with commercial disputes, including:
- Acting for one of the UK’s most popular and successful fashion retailers in a claim against a supplier in respect of a dispute over Royalty payments under a Licence Agreement between the parties which permitted the supplier to sell products bearing the retailers trademark.
- Acting for one of the popular budget supermarkets in a multi-million pound claim for professional negligence against its former solicitors arising out of its conduct of proceedings brought against one of the major Banks for the mis-selling of 2 interest rate hedging products in 2006 and 2007.
- Acting for a boutique Management Investment firm in a million pound claim worth against its former Chief Executive Officer and another large financial broking company for breaches of fiduciary duty, unlawful means conspiracy, breach of contract and other economic torts.
- Acting for one of the UK’s largest suppliers of aluminium in the defence of a £20,000,000 fraud claim in relation to the supply of extruded aluminium.
- Acting for a well-known TV presenter in the Voicemail Interception Litigation against News Group Newspapers Limited arising out of the phone hacking scandal.
I offer a free 30 minute, no obligation, confidential meeting at our offices in Cheltenham. During this meeting I will discuss your funding options.
If you need help with a dispute, please call me on 01242 323295 or click here to make an enquiry.
Scott Rowe, Partner
Converse Law, Cheltenham
You can also speak to our receptionists on 01242 323570.
Office address: Formal House, 60 St George’s Place, Cheltenham, GL50 3PN
“Scott is very visible and proactive. He does a fantastic job for us”.
David Thornhill, Managing Director – Keen Thinking Limited t/a Simplicity